Traditional Braces & Invisalign
To discuss orthodontics in the Willoughby,Ohio area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Traditional braces are metal brackets that are bonded to your teeth. They use a series of wires to straighten your teeth.
- Treatment time varies, usually from 18-24 months.
- You will visit Dr. Alyssa once a month to change wires.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Alyssa’s training & expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Alyssa has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Alyssa about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.